Tastefully Modernised Period Property
Contemporary Feel Flowing Throughout
Two with En Suite Facilities
Contemporary Family Bathroom
modern Kitchen with Underfloor Heating
Beautifully Presented Lounge/Diner
Village Location with Off-Road Parking
Double Garage with Electric Fob Operated Door
SUMMARY Ravenscliffe has been tastefully and recently extensively modernised to create a contemporary period family home set over three floors, located close to Laxey village, benefitting from off-road parking, double Garage and Gardens.
Located seven miles from the Islands capital, Laxey is becoming a sought after coastal location, with its popular promenade, beach and beach side cafes in Lower Laxey and a range of convenient amenities within the Village. Ravencliffe is located within an easy and flat ten minute walk to the village centre, with the promenade accessible within a similar time frame.
The property is accessed via a new composite front door, and through a vestibule to a welcoming Hallway with stripped back flooring and a convenient under stairs store. Located off the Hallway is the properties principal Reception Room that has been opened up to create a large light and bright space with period bay window to the front complemented by rear and side windows. The Lounge area includes a Chesney Log Burner that sits on a slate hearth with flue lined chimney, stripped back flooring and an opening to a spacious Dining space.
At the rear of the property is a modern Kitchen with cream shaker style floor and wall mounted units with kickboard and over counter lighting and wooden counter top complemented by stone flooring and cosy underfloor heating. The Kitchen is packed with premium appliances that include integrated AEG dishwasher and inset AEG eye level microwave, Rangemaster gas range cooker, plumbed full size American fridge freezer and fitted washing machine, all of which are included in the sale price. An attractive Belfast sink with mixer tap and contemporary glass splash back complete the Kitchen.
Five Bedrooms are set out over the upper floors. Upon accessing the first floor is a contemporary Family Bathroom with impressive four piece suite including plumbed corner shower, attractive oval bath with freestanding taps and shower head, WC and wash basin. Off the Family Bathroom is a convenient additional WC. The first floor also houses two double Bedrooms including the Master Bedroom with bay window presenting a pleasant outlook, and modern En Suite facilities with corner shower.
Three further beautifully presented bedrooms are situated on the second floor, one of which provides further En Suite shower facilities. The loft area is accessed via an oversized hatch with pull down ladder with exposed Manx stone walls and dual skylights presents excellent and usable storage space.
To the front of Ravenscliffe is a short private road, shared with the neighbouring property. Upon reaching number 2 is a turning area and parking for multiple vehicles. A double Garage with new electric fob operated double door provides excellent storage, which is complemented by a number of stores to the rear of the property that includes a Boiler Room housing the Worcester boiler and Megaflow pressurised hot water cylinder. Steps from the rear lead back to Telephone Exchange Road creating a rear access to the property, supported by Manx Stone retaining walls. Generous side garden is mainly laid to lawn with perimeter hedging creating privacy, range of fruit trees and patio area to provide external seating.
MODERNISATION WORKS – Complete Re-roof Main House and Extension
– New Polyroof on Double Garage and above Bay Windows
– New Lime Render on Front Elevation, Gable End & Chimney Stack
– Multiple Fakro Skylights Installed
– Damp Proof Course to Ground Floor and Rear Wall Tanked
– All Timbers Treated where Required
– New Floor Joists in Lounge and Dining Room
– Timber Lintels Replaced with Concrete Lintels above Window Heads
– RSJ Steel installed above Master Bedroom Bay Window
– Floating Floor Created in Attic with the Addition of RSJ Steels
– New Electrics Throughout
– New Plumbing Throughout including Radiators
– New Worcester Boiler
– New Megaflow Pressurised Hot Water Cylinder
– Fully Insulated Property with Kingspan and Earthwool
– Internally Replastered Throughout
– New Composite External Front Door
– New uPVC Rear Door
– Newly Installed uPVC Windows and Façade on Ground Floor
– Fully Lined Flue hosting Chesney Wood Burner
– CAT 5 Cabling Throughout
– Mains Wired Smoke Detector, Carbon Monoxide Detector & Heat Detector
– Fully Vented Bathrooms
– Guarantees Provided with Certain Improvement Works
– Full Building Control Sign Off where Appropriate
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION – Option to Purchase Furnishings by Separate Negotiation
– Appliances, Lighting, Wall and Floor Coverings Included in Purchase Price
– No Onward Chain
– Vacant Possession
– Currently Let to Professional Tenants, Lease Expires January 23
– Capable of Achieving £2,000pcm on Current Rental Market
– Fibre Broadband Roll-Out Scheduled H2 2022
– Laxey Village – 1km
– Laxey Promenade – 500m
– Laxey Primary School – 950m
DIRECTIONS Travelling from Douglas towards Laxey on the A2 continue past the turnings for Old Laxey Hill and Old School Hill, and after passing the next bend in the road, take a left turning onto Telephone Exchange Road, and immediately turn right to reach Ravenscliffe.
SEE LESS DETAILS